All-American takes Bronco Award

Click here to read the preceding article.

Being a triple major in criminology, psychology and religion while maintaining a 3.9 GPA, Eboni Nash manages time to also throw for the Hastings College track team. Nash has collected a total of five National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) All-American awards through both her indoor and outdoor seasons. She also has been tabbed a Daktronics/NAIA Scholar-Athlete. Now, Nash will add a Hastings College Bronco Award to her collection of honors.

“I would definitely say time management (is the hardest thing about being a student athlete) because you have to balance your classes, athletic events, practices, weights and all your duties while being a top-notch athlete,” Nash said. “I also think it’s a little hard to balance self-care in with all of that, like taking care of yourself and making sure your other jobs are getting taken care of — like academics.”

Nash has been a student-athlete all her life, and with that, she has cherished the opportunities that  student-athletes get throughout the journey.

“Being a student-athlete, it gives me a platform to help other people. I definitely think when people look towards a group of people, they look towards athletes a lot to answer things, and getting involved with clubs. I definitely like being in the limelight a little bit. The opportunity of traveling, meeting different faces, getting different job opportunities and getting known out in the world,” Nash said.

Being a passionate researcher, Nash wants to look more into black liberation theology and how the church is involved within that topic. She hopes to speak on the topic, and possibly become a professor someday.  Nash says that her biggest passion is to improve the national prison system.

Nash has big plans for the future. Next fall, she will attend Harvard Divinity School, working towards her masters in theology with a focus on black liberation and mass incarceration. After that, she plans to attend Boston University to get a masters in criminal justice with an emphasis in corrections.