Members of Kappa Rho Upsilon Seniors Autumn Teff and Lauren Feden work on the sorority’s chalk walk drawing with First-years Sydnie Waldron, Anna Wilwerding, and Josie Polacek. The final image included the Scooby Doo gang in front of French Memorial Chapel.

‘Autumn Awaits’ Homecoming Week

As Homecoming Week wraps up, there are still plenty of events to attend. Events that used to be competitions for Greek life now include all campus organizations. 

This week’s events kicked off with Bed Races on Monday night, followed by Chalk Walk on Tuesday. Wednesday started with a community service event, which was helping residents from Taylor Hall move out of their rooms. Wednesday night’s event was a bonfire by the Morrison-Reeves Science Center. Skit night was Thursday’s homecoming event.

This weekend is the conclusion of Homecoming Week, starting with the Homecoming dinner – located in the Kiewit gym this year. 

Tomorrow starts with the Melody Roundup Parade downtown before everyone heads back to campus for the Homecoming week barbeque. 

Tomorrow’s sporting events start with a football game against Midland University at 1 p.m. at Lloyd Wilson Field. Volleyball will start in the Lynn Farrell Arena at 3 p.m. against Morningside College. The sporting events conclude with men’s and women’s soccer going against Concordia University on the Lloyd Wilson Field, beginning at 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.

Sunday’s events include “Hastings College Sunday” at the First Presbyterian Church. Hastings College is having a Fine Arts Hall of Fame brunch at the Jackson Dinsdale Art Center at noon, and the HC choir rounds out the week with a concert at First Presbyterian Church at 3 p.m.