Fluckey continues Title IX work as part of transition

As of the start of Block 3, a new Human Resources (HR) Director will be hired for Hastings College. Existing Human Resources Director (HR) and Title IX Coordinator Kari Fluckey has resigned, and the college hopes to hire Fluckey’s replacement by the end of Block 2. 

Fluckey will retain her duties as Title IX Coordinator until the new hire is sufficiently trained, so she will continue investigating and handling complaints until the fall semester ends. Reporting avenues for Title IX complaints and concerns will remain as they are, such as by contacting Fluckey directly by email, or by submitting a report through the HC Cares email (HCCares@hastings.edu) or on the college website: www.hastings.edu/hccares/making-a-report/.

“As I am needed, I will continue the Title IX responsibilities until we have another individual trained that is able to continue the support for students and staff,” Fluckey said.

Other HR duties previously carried out by Fluckey have been distributed to two employees in the HR department until the new director is hired.

“Until that time, really nothing has changed in the Title IX area,” said HC President Travis Feezell.

Fluckey’s resignation comes after a history of serving HC and the community after graduating from HC in 2001.

“This change, for me, is bittersweet as I enjoyed the opportunity at HC. I will miss the students and employees but will still be connected to campus as an alum,” Fluckey said. “As an alum of Hastings College, I am grateful for the opportunity to have assisted HC in the evolved changes on campus,” Fluckey said. 

Fluckey is looking forward to her next position as the Director of Human Resources at the Grand Island Regional Medical Center. 

“I was presented with a unique opportunity to build from the foundation the systems, processes and culture of a brand new hospital.  While this position will be extremely challenging, it will allow me to continue my professional growth within the HR function,” Fluckey said. 

The Grand Island Regional Medical Center, partnered by Bryan Healthcare, Mary Lanning Healthcare, and unaffiliated area professionals, is currently in construction, approaching its estimated 2020 completion date after nearly five years in planning and physical construction.