Sisters from Sigma Alpha Iota laugh at a question during the Greek Think on Tuesday.

Fraternities and sororities compete in daily events for Greek Week

The past week was Greek Week, and events have been in full swing with an event each night of the week. Each Greek has been competing for points to win the Greek Cup.

At the start of this week, Greeks were given a can they had to decorate, which has been on display during lunch in the Hazelrigg Student Union. Points were awarded for decorations. People will be able to put money in any can they prefer, but points will only be awarded for pennies, while all other currency in the cans will count as negative points.

Alpha Phi Sigma took first for decorations, followed by Kappa Rho Upsilon in second and followed Kappa Alpha for third. The Greeks are still collecting donations during the lunch hour and the winner for donations will be determined
later today.

The first event was on Monday night with a Scavenger Hunt. Each fraternity and sorority was allowed four members to search for 16 items around campus, presented as cryptic clues.

Sigma Alpha Iota took first in the scavenger hunt, followed by Kappa Rho Upsilon and then Alpha Phi Sigma.

Then on Tuesday night, the Greek Think trivia game was held in room C of the HSU, starting at 6 p.m. Each Greek was required to have three students participate and the game was held using Kahoot.

Sigma Alpha Iota took first, while Kappa Rho Upsilon took second and Alpha Phi Sigma received third.

The Greek God Strut Your Stuff event was held on Wednesday night at 7 p.m., in Fuhr Hall. The Greeks competed in a fashion show, complete with a dating profile of their assigned Greek god.

Alpha Phi Sigma, Kappa Alpha and Sigma Alpha Iota and took first, second and third respectively.

Lastly on Thursday night, the Greeks raced each other during the chariot races. Students decorated a shopping cart, donated by Russ’s Market. One Greek rode in the cart while two Greeks pulled. Following the chariot race, the Greeks held a potluck.

Results for the chariot race were not available at the time of production.

The Greek Awards Banquet will be held on April 26 at the Lark in Downtown Hastings, where the Greek Cup will be given to the winning fraternity or sorority.