Nash heads to Harvard

Bronco Award Winner Eboni Nash is headed to Harvard Divinity School to get a masters in theology after graduating from Hastings College this spring with triple majors in criminology, psychology and religion. She intends to focus on black liberation theology and mass incarceration. Nash was awarded the Deans Fellowship, which is a renewable full tuition grant that also includes a yearly stipend.

After finishing school, Nash plans to work with the incarcerated and formerly incarcerated and conduct research in correctional facilities in habituation and rehabilitation. Nash’s decision was reaffirmed after interning at Sunshine Enterprises in Chicago, Illinois, last summer.

“My career goal is to lobby for prison reform and aid in creating a non-profit prison that is inmate focused,” said Nash. “I also believe in providing more resources and help to those who are or have experienced incarceration.”

On campus, Nash is currently the director for Food4Thought. During her time as director, Food4Thought was awarded a Good Samaritan Society social accountability grant from the Good Samaritan Society — Hastings Village, worth $500.

Nash is also involved in Omicron Delta Kappa, the national leadership honorary society, indoor and outdoor track, and is a dean’s list student.

Click here to read more about Eboni Nash and her path to the Bronco Award.