Senate approves $2,650

Student Association (SA) Senate met for the first time since Jan. 15, in the Wilson Auditorium at 7:39 p.m. on Feb. 19. A previously scheduled meeting was canceled and this meeting was pushed back due to the traveling student section at basketball versus Concordia University last Wednesday. 

The meeeting opened with the approval of the last meeting’s minutes. 

After going through announcements and updates from committees, senators moved to budget requests.

SA Discretionary requested a total of $2,150. Out of that, $2,000 would go to a Raising Canes night, as has been held in previous semesters. The other $150 would be used for the purchase of 25 engraved broscars trophies, to be handed out at May Fete at the end of the semester.

Black Student Alliance (BSA) had a request of $500 for Pete Ferguson ‘96, an alum speaker brought to campus on Feb. 6 for Black History Month. BSA had originally requested at the beginning of the month but was unable to get it approved with the canceled meeting.

Senate approved both requests in full before approving the budget as a whole. This leaves $17,135 in the budget for the semester.

Senators then discussed potential ideas for Bronco Bash, taking place at the end of the semester. Finally, they signed up for times to work at the Campus Connect Desk. The meeting adjourned at 7:54 p.m.