Senate approves $6,267

Student Association (SA) met this past Monday, Feb. 18, in Wilson Auditorium. A total of $6,267 was requested.

SA Discretionary requested and was approved $2,500 for Bronco Bash items. 

Alphi Chi requested $1,537. The funds would pay for members to attend a national conference. Of the request, $912 was cut to comply with standing rules. A total of $625 was approved. 

Crimson Cupboard requested and was approved $660. Of the total, $500 was requested to get food vouchers from Russ’s Market. $160 was requested to get more shelving units for the group’s new storage space. 

Sociological Club requested and was approved a total of $450 for a conference.  

Student Environmental Action Coalition (SEAC) requested and was approved $400 for the Nature Education’s Birds of Prey presentation and “Trashion Show.” 

SA Special Events requested and was approved a total of $375. The funds were for two security guards at Bronco Bash instead of last year’s four. 

Black Student Alliance requested and was approved a total of $300. The funds will provide a stipend for a speaker to come to campus and give a presentation on having a profession in sports. 

Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC) requested and was approved $45 for pizza during SHAC’s next blood drive. 

A total of $5,355 remains in the SA Unallocated Fund. The next SA meeting will be March 4 at 7 p.m. in Wilson Auditorium.