Senate approves constitutional changes

The Hastings College Student Association (SA) Senate held their fifth budget request meeting of the academic school year on Nov. 20 at 7:30 p.m. in rooms A and B of Hazelrigg Student Union (HSU) — Senate meetings are usually held in the Wilson Auditorium, but due to room reservation conflicts Senate had to move to a different location. Three student groups requested a total of $878 of the remaining $13,327 left in the SA unallocated fund.

After approval of last meeting’s minutes, Senate moved to talk about budget requests.

Spectrum’s request of $400 to cover printing costs for the organization’s upcoming publication of the student literary and arts magazine was approved in full.

Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC) requested $336 for their annual “Destress Fest.” SHAC will provide food, toothbrushes and floss at the event, as well as various activities. The request was approved in full.

Artists’ Guild and the Kappa Pi International Art Honor Society (Kappa Pi) requested $142 for a painting event to be held in HSU on Dec. 5. Funds will be used to purchase wood panels, paint and Eileen’s Cookies for the event. The request was approved in full. 

After approval of the budget requests, Senate then moved to approve constitutional amendment changes proposed at the last meeting. 

In compliance with Article XIII, Section 1 of the SA constitution and bylaws, Senate approved the five proposed amendment changes — these can be found in the Nov. 8 issue of the Collegian or online at bit.ly/2s1Kds9

$878 was approved and $12,449 remains in the SA unallocated fund for the remainder of the semester.

The next Senate meeting will take on Dec. 4 in Wilson Auditorium at 7:30 p.m.