Members of the Student Association Senate vote on the budget during the March 25th meeting.

Senate allocates a total of $2,015, leaves $3,725

Funding for student groups was distributed from the Student Association (SA) unallocated fund by Senators at the March 25, SA Senate meeting in Wilson Auditorium at 7 p.m. A total of $2,015 was approved.

After opening operations of the meeting, discussion moved to funding requests. Four student groups requested a total of $3,215 of the remaining $5,740 in the SA fund.

College Acquaintance Rape Educators (C.A.R.E.) requested $1,475. The funds would be used for the student group to host Sexual Assault Awareness Week activities on campus and give out prizes during the events. Of the requested amount, $1,000 was requested to fund T-shirts for all of campus. The request for T-shirts was cut from the total and $475 was approved. Senate suggested C.A.R.E. to look into more cost- effective options for T-shirts and come back to the next meeting in order to potentially request again.

The Banquet committee requested $1,115. These funds would be used to get mocktail supplies, glasses and bartenders, as well as decorations for May Fete. This year’s theme is “The Great Gatsby.” Two-hundred dollars was cut from the request and $915 was approved.

Spectrum requested $400. These funds will be used for printing costs. Spectrum used to publish two issues — one in the fall semester and one in the spring — but switched to one spring issue with a greater amount of copies. The request was approved in full.

Multicultural Student Union requested $225. These funds would be used to give out prizes for the group’s talent show. The request was approved in full.

Senate approved the budget of $2,015 as a whole. A total of $3,725 remains in the SA unallocated fund for the remainder of the semester. The next meeting will take place on April 8, in the Wilson Auditorium at 7 p.m.