Kaitlin Bierman, SHAC representative, proposes a $300 budget request. This was the only budget request, making the meeting only three-and-a-half minutes long.

Senate approves $300 for SHAC, leaves $1,410 left in unallocated fund

Funding for one student group was allocated by Senate at the Student Association (SA) meeting held in the Hazelrigg Student Union (HSU) Rooms A and B, on April 8 at 7 p.m. Meetings are normally held in the Wilson Auditorium, but due to scheduling conflicts, the meeting was moved to the HSU.

After approving last meeting’s minutes, discussion moved to updates from committees. Senator Parker Fleming, off-campus housing senator, updated Senate with announcements from the Election Commission Board. Updates included the presidential candidate platform presentations, which took place this past Tuesday, and the opening of voting following the presentations. Voting will close Friday, April 12 at 5 p.m. and the winner will be announced at Mr. and Ms. Bronco tonight.

After updates from committees, the discussion moved to the only request made for the meeting. A total of $1,710 was available before the meeting.

Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC) requested $300. These funds would go to pay for portable coffee mugs for “De-Stress Fest,” an event held by SHAC, and to use during recruitment for members. The request was approved in full.

Senate approved the budget as a whole. $1,410 remains in the SA unallocated fund for the rest of the semester. With no classes on April 22, the next SA Senate meeting will take place April 29 at 7 p.m. in the Wilson Auditorium.