Spotts-Falzone earns All-American

Bronco Award Winner Carly Spotts-Falzone ends out the year with multiple accomplishments after traveling to California for the Presidents III Division of National Forensics Association National Tournament and earning 11th overall speaker in the country. 

Spotts-Falzone made it to quarterfinals in dramatic interpretation and duo, octa-finals in prose interpretation, and semi-finals in program oral Interpretation, informative Speaking and poetry. Spotts-Falzone was also an All-American for forensics. She was the only senior on the forensics team, which placed ninth in
the nation.

The national recognition comes after sweeping in the Nebraska Intercollegiate Forensics Association State Tournament, with first in  dramatic duo interpretation with Junior Alli Kennon, dramatic interpretation, poetry interpretation and program oral interpretation. 

“To my senior, Carly Spotts-Falzone thanks for an amazing four years. You are powerful and I am a better coach and person because of you,” said Dr. Kittie Grace, chair of the communication studies department and director
of forensics.

Besides being a part of the  forensics team, Spotts-Falzone is also involved in Alpha Chi, Phi Kappa Delta, Crimson Cupboard  — the on-campus food bank — and made the Dean’s list.

Outside of Hastings College, Spotts-Falzone is an outspoken activist, fighting for women’s rights. She participated in the third annual women’s march on January 19, 2019 in Washington, D.C., which focused on advocacy for justice, equality and civil rights for women and marginalized communities around the world.